Wednesday, April 4, 2007

paradise

the sky out today is grey, but i'm snug in my apartment listening to sounds of the ocean on my stereo, sitting in a comfy chair and reading, and sipping warm chai tea. paradise.

am reading Donna Tartt's THE SECRET HISTORY again -- a book i love dearly -- and it's even more fun this time because i'm also in the process of learning Homeric Greek myself. (there are elements in the story about Greek and the Classics department, etc.)

have also been going over Mary Shelley's FRANKENSTEIN again (i read it quickly once before), though that's more an academic exercise -- interesting and worthwhile, but not as close to my heart -- and i do that mostly at Starbuck's

fiction is such fun. and reading a good book makes me want to write again myself (and even sketch out ideas in a notebook i keep beside me). just call me Οδυσσευς. heh. [Odysseus]

No comments: