Thursday, January 11, 2007

Gerald Ford tribute


here's this month's last-quarter moon next to the half-staff flag: about as political as you'll see my blog get.

Ford was president when i was very young, but i don't remember anyone at my house ever speaking his name; my parents didn't talk about such things as politics (at least in front of the crumb-crushers). i remember Carter and Reagan and all, but not Ford or Nixon.

and on a personal note, today i took the plunge and signed a 1-year contract with a local gym. guess that means i plan to spend another year here (or that i'm willing to eat the rest of the contract if i move). sounds like the fulfillment of a New Year's resolution that i never made (but can't resist making up) -- to more fully engage my life and take advantage of opportunities around me. (and trying to rehab my bad hip by not running for a while -- i needed to arrange some low impact workouts.)

am just getting toward the end of Michael Crichton's new book, NEXT. pretty good stuff -- genetics and bioethics and such; better than STATE OF FEAR.

No comments: