Monday, January 14, 2008

snow adventure and excitement

woke up this morning and shoveled snow for an hour, just for something to do. then i called the special bus service that was supposed to give me a ride to a doctor's appointment in the afternoon.

but they're closed, due to snow. rats. then the doctor's office calls -- am i coming in?

i bet that i can figure something out and say "Sure!". then i check the other bus company's web site and discover that they are actually open and can at least get me vaguely in the vicinity. yay!

i've never been to this office before, so i go to Google maps and ask for directions. it takes a long time to load up, and finally i figure out why -- it has me going from Marlborough, MA to somewhere in Nevada with the same street name. smart assumption.

then i get it to keep me within Massachusetts, and i think i know where i'm going from the map. hah. i take the bus and get off on what i'm pretty sure is the right corner; but i still wander around for half an hour on an unplanned walking tour of downtown, mostly because the signs are covered in snow and i have to guess.

but then i finally find it, and i was still on time. (some part of my brain had gotten me to take an early bus.) coming home was easier, and i even found a Starbuck's after the appointment and recharged my batteries somewhat.

home again, home again.

No comments: