Wednesday, July 18, 2012

sultry July afternoon

sitting on the back deck, now that it's becoming shaded.  hot as Hades today (for Massachusetts), and humid as the Everglades (with only a mild exaggeration).  my phone just warbled like a sick electronic parrot to give me a flash flood warning, but the radar shows it none too close.

after a twenty-year sabbatical of sorts, i guess it's time for me to go back to school for real—time to begin catching the commuter rail into Tufts and taking the CS classes i should have taken twenty years ago.  i should have extended my undergrad a year or two back in 1993 and taken the classes then, but all i can do is now.

by waiting twenty years, i can spend my time with C++ instead of C, and on computers a whole bunch faster (roughly 200 times faster).  [if anyone can give me a better number comparing computers of 1992 to 2012, i'd love to hear it.]

wish me luck with my computational consciousness development (and with finding some financial aid!).

stay cool, peeps.

No comments: