Friday, January 18, 2013

Struggles With Writing

Reading that proof-copy of anomaly on my Kindle (before i submit it to Amazon) is more troubling to me than i thought it would be; i really thought i'd have enough distance from those events more than twenty years ago to not be overly bothered.  But i was wrong, just the same.

I guess the last vestiges of me believing that i'm mostly (if not purely) rational are gone for good.  Now i can admit that i'm only a little bit rational and that i'm mostly influenced by my emotions.  It makes more sense, i guess; but it's very humbling.  I've always thought that i drew most of my strength from my rational, mathematical side; but that's probably wrong too.

On the upside, it must mean that i have some emotional strength that i hadn't been willing to recognize previously.  And now i know that i can reinforce that strength, with some effort; because i get the feeling that i'm going to need some strength again to write Better Off.

Wish me luck!

No comments: